Love your area and want to stay there forever but not happy with your dated house? Yep I’ve heard it MANY times.
My clients, a family of five, came to us with their gloomy red brick house decked in Christmas green (a long awaited goodbye!) but wanted to stay in their much loved cul-de-sac at the top of the hill in Carine.
The brief: modern, kid friendly 4 x 3 with a coastal vibe.
The end result: An unbelievable transformation!
With a good shell to work with, a renovation/addition design transformed the house FROM DRAB TO FAB!
1. Kitchen was relocated as it blocked the view to the garden. Full height glazing in the kitchen, dining and living now look out to their beautiful garden.
2. Created a study that turns into an extra guest room with Murphy foldaway bed (fit for a king!)
3. Connected the garage and house with a thoroughfare into a drop zone
4. Removed balcony on Master and extended bedroom, using space that was not in use
5. Vaulted ceilings above stairwell to create extra height and skylight to flood natural light in
6. Cladding and render in a light Hamptons colour palette to the whole house
7. Custom cabinetry and furniture with a Mid-Century modern twist
8. Added stunning alfresco with outdoor kitchen and pool, perfect for entertaining
Build by Building 51